As you are aware we will have a decision to make in regards to the 2nd District School Board Seat. Here are some of the options we have:
- Allow the seat to remain unfilled until the election is certified in November(usually 10 days after the election date)
- Have a selection process at the August meeting that would fill the seat until the November election is certified. We would have a meeting at 5 pm on the day of the work session to allow interested parties to come before commission.
The current plan is for Ms. Kincannon to resign as of Aug 7. This would allow her to attend and vote at the meeting on Aug 6th. The last time her and I spoke she advised me we would have a resignation letter for us to have in the July meeting for a spread of record. There may be other options you all have and I hope we can vet them on the this board.