Would like to schedule team building morning retreat

Welcome!

Would like to schedule team building morning retreat

Postby Victoria DeFreese on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:41 am

I would like to recommend the current Knox County Commissioner and the candidates for Knox County Commission consider going on a retreat up in Townsend for a morning of team building games and a low ropes course....followed by a lunch and debriefing.

When I was teaching, I took a few classes excursions that worked on team building activites such as this.

The classes that I've worked with had a team spirit and comradery after simulations and team building exercises...that did not exist prior.

I've called Wesley Woods Director, David Leach, for available dates and price estimate.

He explained that we could do about an hour of team games and about an hour and a half or so on a low ropes course - followed by a lunch and debriefing for about $20/person.

I would like to see if any commissioners would be agreeable to participate in this positive morning retreat. Please respond to this thread......these are the dates that are currently available:
Monday August 11
Tuesday August 12
Thursday August 14
Wednesday August 20

This would be a few hours of your time in the morning....concluding with lunch.

Wesley Woods is located in Townsend, TN (about 10 miles south of Maryville)
www.campwesleywoods.com

Please RSVP by posting on this thread.

Thanks......
Victoria DeFreese

Re: Would like to schedule team building morning retreat

Postby Robert Rountree on Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:53 am

Victoria,

I would be able to attend the August 20 session only and would gladly drive to Wesley Woods to participate. However, if we were to have been replaced by that date, I really don't know what "value add" our attendance would have. Perhaps only as ex-officios and that might be a good thing.

Thanks for suggesting this. If you can assemble a full contingent for August 20 let me know and I will augment the Wesley Woods experience with an afternoon of fly fishing and botanical studies in the Park.

Bob Rountree
Robert Rountree

Return to Knox County Commission Forum